Toronto Maple Leafs – Ottawa Senators Game Postponed
The National Hockey League has decided to postpone the Leafs-Sens game following the tragic events in Ottawa today.
This isn’t a political or general breaking news site, but I feel it is important to at least briefly summarize what happened. From what I know and have read on Twitter and CNN, there were at least three shooters involved in multiple shootings at Canadian Parliamentary buildings. One shooter has been confirmed dead. Unfortunately, a soldier at the War Memorial has also died from gunshot wounds. Canadian Police are still on the lookout for the other shooters. The Terror Alert level has also been raised.
Today, there are no rivalries. There is simply a unity, a unity for the hockey community and those affected by this tragedy. Our thoughts and prayers here at Ice Nation UK go out to those affected by this horrible tragedy.
A later date for the game is still TBD.
- Voynov, Russians, The NHL and Domestic Violence
- This Week in NHL Haiku – 20/10/14
- 2014/15 NHL Season Preview – Florida Panthers
- Sabres’ 2014/15 Opener Brings Back Buffalo-Style Hockey
- 2014/15 NHL Season Preview – New York Islanders