THIS WEEK IN NHL
HAIKU POETRY – 1/12/2014
No haiku this week.
Edmonton’s so bad they need
A sonnet instead.
Oilers! Oh, Oilers!
Behold the ruins littering this place
Where once a proud and noble franchise stood!
Each Oilers game seems to seek to erase
The memory of when this team was good.
Think back, if it gives succor, to the days
Of Gretz and Kurri, Anderson and Mess,
When Coffey could make great defensive plays
And Fuhr knew how to stop the puck, no less.
And now? They’ve thrice had first pick overall –
Chose Hall and RNH and failed for Nail –
Yet progress there moves barely at a crawl.
Those three (plus Eberle) must yearn to bail.
Must young McDavid join their hockey hell?
Just time – and Sabres’ management – will tell.
- THIS WEEK’S NHL HOCKEY 101 HIGHLIGHTS | 11/30/14
- EIHL: Roster Updates, Comings and Goings (and Comings Again)
- Canucks News Catchup – Daniel Sedin, Good Hockey and Injury Replacements
- The Brain, Hockey and Concussions
- This Week In NHL Haiku – 24/11/2014