Tampa Bay Lightning Trade Evgeni Nabokov to San Jose Sharks for Future Considerations
The Sharks acquired former Sharks goalie Evgeni Nabokov, affectionately known to Sharks fans as “Nabby”, from Tampa Bay today in exchange for future considerations. Nabokov was placed on waivers by the Lightning on Feb. 1st after going 3-6-2 with a 3.15 GAA and .882 save percentage in 11 games.
Nabby was a ninth-round draft pick by San Jose in the 1994 NHL Draft and played his first 10 seasons with the Sharks. He holds the franchise records for games played by a goalie (563), wins (293), and shutouts (50).
After being let go, he spent one season playing in the KHL and three seasons with the New York Islanders before ending up in Tampa Bay. His career record is 353-227-71 with 29 ties, a 2.44 GAA, .911 save percentage and 59 shutouts.
Nabby will make an announcement on the future of his hockey career this Wednesday.
- Edmonton, Toronto, & Buffalo: Who Has It the Worst?
- This Week in NHL Haiku – 3/2/15
- The Greatest Game: A Fan’s-Eye View of Martin Brodeur
- Setting Hockey Aside for An Important Day – #BellLetsTalk
- Martin Brodeur Retires, Joins Blues’ Front Office