Bruins Finally Starting To Deliver On Real Points Instead Of Just “Style” Points
- Landon Ferraro turns out to be pretty fast on the ice and yes, he is Ray Ferraro’s son.
- Emergency call up Frank Vatrano is finding his place after landing his first few NHL goals with the Bruins.
- Brad Marchand has no hesitation when it comes to his style of play. He’s attacking the net and scoring for the Bruins.
- David Krejci is currently the top scorer for the Bruins, one of the top goal scorers in the NHL by the game with Philadelphia on the 22nd of October and still crushing it by scoring the game winner for the Bruins in their last game against the Rangers.
- Patrice Bergeron is not far behind Krejci in points and is now a proud father!
- Beleskey did well to smash the Habs in their last game.
- Dennis Seidenberg made his debut at the Avalanche game after being out with a herniated disk for a while.
- Max Talbot gets signed to the Bruins AHL buddy team, Providence. Talbot won a stanley cup with the Penguins as well as having played for the Bruins, Flyers and Avalanche.
Ex Bruins and a Special Mention
- Ex Bruin Tyler Seguin helped his team (Dallas Stars) beat the Bruins 5-3 on Nov 4th…
- Ex Bruin Milan Lucic struggled at the start of the season with the Kings but is now more settled, with 7 goals and 7 assists.
- Ex Bruin Jarome Iginla doing well with the Colorado Avalanche but the team is still struggling.
- Liam Watson (aged 12), a hockey player with Sheffield (UK) Junior Ice hockey Academy, got a chance to practice with his favourite NHL team and get his very own Bruins Jersey.
This years thanksgiving marked an important date for the Boston Bruins and hockey in general. It was the 40th anniversary of the great Bobby Orr’s final game with the Bruins.
Alternate captain Chris Kelly isn’t considering retirement after suffering a serious injury which will leave him out of play for a while. It is terrible luck as his last injury left him out of the 2014 post season. Hopefully he will recover well. Obviously injuries are inevitable, but devastating blows like this, especially for players who have had their fair share in the past, must be extremely frustrating.
The Bruins are one of the fastest starting teams in the league goal wise, and luckily they are moving away from the statistic that they are more likely to lose after they score the first goal. We will see if they can maintain their playoff spot heading into 2016.